Saturday 5 September 2009

Two wheels good



Have borrowed my cousin’s bike!
Time taken to ride it from my cousin’s house to here: 30 minutes
Distance covered: About 9k
Average steepness: Bloody steep, but some fun downy bits
Amount of bugs swallowed on journey: Four (that I know of)
Amount of times nearly mown down by truck: Once (not bad for Italian road)
Amount of limbs lost: None. Yay!
I am now officially mobile, provided the temperature stays under 25 degrees and the roads aren’t too steep. This presents a bit of a problem as the temperature is solidly above 25 degrees and I’m living in a valley but hey, am happy to potter up and down the SS45 and travel only at dawn or dusk (travelling after then is way too terrifying. Italian drivers are nuts enough as it is, when it gets dark they get even worse)

No comments:

Post a Comment